When I was 5, I wanted to be everything. Like, everything. I wanted to be a pianist, ballerina, archaeologist, teacher, doctor, singer, actor, carpenter, gold medalist; you name it.
When I was 10, I focused on my most apparent ability: speaking English. So I decided I wanted to be a translator when I grew up. Failing that, I want to be an author.
When I was 15, I realized there's too many people who are also able to speak English for a translator to be a lucrative job, and that I always got bored before finishing a story. So I got confused. At the very least there's one criteria: I want something that has to do with arts. Out of all the careers I thought of, being an architect sounds not only artistically challenging, but also cool because it's all about "clever engineering". So that's why I signed up for an Architecture major.
Now I'm nearing my twentieth birthday, and honestly, all I want for my life is peace, quiet and freedom.
Life hits all of us, either slowly creeping up or with an outright punch in the face. It doesn't matter how prepared - or not - you are. One moment you just entered high school, the next you struggled balancing college studies with debate practices. Not to mention my parents keep reminding me that I'm supposed to take my piano diploma exams this year and frankly, I'm not ready yet because there's literally no time to practice.
WC: 269
When I was 10, I focused on my most apparent ability: speaking English. So I decided I wanted to be a translator when I grew up. Failing that, I want to be an author.
When I was 15, I realized there's too many people who are also able to speak English for a translator to be a lucrative job, and that I always got bored before finishing a story. So I got confused. At the very least there's one criteria: I want something that has to do with arts. Out of all the careers I thought of, being an architect sounds not only artistically challenging, but also cool because it's all about "clever engineering". So that's why I signed up for an Architecture major.
Now I'm nearing my twentieth birthday, and honestly, all I want for my life is peace, quiet and freedom.
It's amazing how our dreams shrunk as we grew up.
This has been a rant to lessen the panic. Don't mind me.
Comments
Post a Comment