Skip to main content

PRABOWO PANIC, PRABOWO ATTACK

8th April 2018, just 1 year before Indonesia Legislative Election and 1 year 3 moths before Indonesia Presidential Election. In the last month Indonesia media both mainstream or social media are very excited towards Prabowo statement that stated in 2030 Indonesia will be broke up, collapse, bankrupt, etc because has no economic fundamental system that always depends to the neo liberal system made by USA that indicate Indonesia fail to ne an independent and strong country. This statement getting many attentions coming from society or even politician that stated support as a form of critics towards the legit government and the ones who contra that feels this statement has no strong bases.
Regardless agree or disagree with Prabowo statement, the thing there are two things that makes me interesting, first on the sake of timing and second in the sake of target. In the term of timing as we know as well Prabowo with his party (Gerindra) are in the opposition side of parliament that always criticize government parliament, but in 3 years Jokowi in his position, Prabowo always silence but in the last month (4 months before president candidate registration) suddenly Prabowo show his over active with massive critics with harsh words such as “bego”, “cula”, etc. This is show on how Prabowo try to get attention and want to see on how people react as a parameter of his electability to decide will register as president candidate or not.
Second thing second about target of Prabowo’s statement that we can see as if it has no target that indicate on how Prabowo actually afraid to state the statement from the very beginning. He just threw many critics without mention any specific actors in government or another actor to blamed. At last because the purpose of this statement is not clear at the very first place, I think it make that statement multi interpreted. And I interpret this as the panic of Prabowo that realize that electability is not strong enough compare to Jokowi (the one who absolute registered for presidential election 2019) that try to get attention at once see people reaction to him.

WC: 360

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stress in a Capitalistic World, Part II : Value in Society, Value in Yourself

Most of the articles I relate to call what I'm experiencing a "burnt-out". It's different from feeling tired after working 24 hours on a useless paper or homework. It's not something that can be alleviated with relaxation. Although the term is mostly use to describe fatigue simply caused by overwork, some psychologists disagree and so do I. The easiest way to analyse this is finding the root of why people push themselves to prioritize work over all else anyway? Why can't they relax, meditate, take a vacation, and why are all those solutions  useless ? It's because they literally can't . If they do, the attempts will only make them worsen their anxiousness of possible repercussions. There's this compulsive desire, an overarching anxiety that whatever you do, however you improve, you are never satisfied. Got a promotion? There's a higher position. Became the CEO? You have to expand the business. And so on, and so on, and it never stops. And ...

Why I Started Writing Again

PROMPTS :: Your writing journey. Since I started high school I stopped writing, I got too busy preparing for the 6 rounds of exams I ended up taking. And when I started Uni, things just got busier. Such a big difference from my junior high days, I wrote 4-7 journal entries for English class, much like this one. And I found that I miss writing, though I couldn’t say that my pieces are anything life changing to the readers, but to me it means something. Because with writing I get to say things I don’t usually get to say out loud. Be it because I was too shy, I was insecure about my position, I might hurt the person I was speaking to, or I haven’t got the words at the time. Writing gave me so much freedom in terms of access to my own brain. Because when I write I’m usually not doing anything else, and I get to focus on my own thought. Like having a conversation with yourself. And this opens up so many sides of yourself you don’t normally get to know. It’s liberating in a w...

Indonesia Preparation to Host Asian Games 2018

Indonesia as the host of 2018 Asian Games see this opportunity as something prestigious and has done some preparation to welcome this event. Both Jakarta and Palembang, as the hosting cities, governor has plan several upgrades on facilities, and build infrastructure to make sure this             In Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, sport facilities also have been upgrading for example the training building, swimming stadium, hockey field, archery field, and soccer field. Velodrome as indoor cycling facility in Rawamangun also get government attention to be fix. Equestrian Center for horsing championship were built to even more support this game. Lots of test-event has been held to make sure that it is compatible for the championship.             Huge repairmen also be done in Jakabaring Sriwijaya Stadium, in which increasing their capacity from 23,419 up to 40.000. The governm...