I always hated morning commute. No, it's not because of the traffic jam. It's not because of how sleepy I am while driving. It's not because of the stupid radio announcers struggling to get material to make my morning.
It's because I am alone. Or at least that’s what people see. I never really was alone. I wish I was. But this little guy inside my head always accompanied me when I'm “alone”. This guy was a twat. He would say things that terrifies me the most. He would ask, “What's the point of even trying anymore?” “Do you really think people actually like you?” “How do you expect a moron like you to have a bright future?” “You're just wasting your parents’ money, you have no use in this family". I never really bothered to answer.
Today, he asked me something that's very intriguing. “When you're dead, do you really think that people would come to your funeral? Your existence does not really matter to them anyway. People do not like you, they just tolerate you”. “You cannot even shut me down, eh? Even with all those pills, you still fail to conquer something so easy. This is why people see no use in you. Now answer me, do you think people would come to your funeral?".
I froze for a moment. But I decided to answer it once and for all. “You know what? Let's find out". Few seconds after I steered my car towards the oncoming traffic, I felt liberated.
I always hated morning commute anyway.
WC:: 259
It's because I am alone. Or at least that’s what people see. I never really was alone. I wish I was. But this little guy inside my head always accompanied me when I'm “alone”. This guy was a twat. He would say things that terrifies me the most. He would ask, “What's the point of even trying anymore?” “Do you really think people actually like you?” “How do you expect a moron like you to have a bright future?” “You're just wasting your parents’ money, you have no use in this family". I never really bothered to answer.
Today, he asked me something that's very intriguing. “When you're dead, do you really think that people would come to your funeral? Your existence does not really matter to them anyway. People do not like you, they just tolerate you”. “You cannot even shut me down, eh? Even with all those pills, you still fail to conquer something so easy. This is why people see no use in you. Now answer me, do you think people would come to your funeral?".
I froze for a moment. But I decided to answer it once and for all. “You know what? Let's find out". Few seconds after I steered my car towards the oncoming traffic, I felt liberated.
I always hated morning commute anyway.
WC:: 259
Comments
Post a Comment