Skip to main content

How Does US Gun Law Reform Create Unity?


The case of mass shooting in Florida has made people change their mind and push them to actually do something. Many people start to protest in order for the government to create a new policy thus banning people to have guns. Those American citizens are fed-up with Trump’s policies that do not fix anything like giving guns to teachers at school in order for them to protect students. This is where we can see the phenomenon of young, majority, and minority people starting to work together in order to change their future.

We have seen how Emma Gonzales’s speech started to move a lot of people. The fight for the reform is not only the battle for those who become the victim but also the fight for #BlackLivesMatter, #MeToo, and Woman’s March. Many activists feel a relation with the movement since all of this happened because of the fault of the structure. Like many black people are shot because of the current gun law or most victims of the mass shooting are women and children.

The students have become the symbol of this fight regardless of their background. When Emma Gonzales was attacked by a politician by stating Gonzales as skinhead lesbian, more people supporting this movement. This is how people open their eyes and realize that these students talk about something that is not political but they are simply fighting for a better future which also similar to what other movements also fight for.

wc: 253

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stress in a Capitalistic World, Part II : Value in Society, Value in Yourself

Most of the articles I relate to call what I'm experiencing a "burnt-out". It's different from feeling tired after working 24 hours on a useless paper or homework. It's not something that can be alleviated with relaxation. Although the term is mostly use to describe fatigue simply caused by overwork, some psychologists disagree and so do I. The easiest way to analyse this is finding the root of why people push themselves to prioritize work over all else anyway? Why can't they relax, meditate, take a vacation, and why are all those solutions  useless ? It's because they literally can't . If they do, the attempts will only make them worsen their anxiousness of possible repercussions. There's this compulsive desire, an overarching anxiety that whatever you do, however you improve, you are never satisfied. Got a promotion? There's a higher position. Became the CEO? You have to expand the business. And so on, and so on, and it never stops. And ...

Why I Started Writing Again

PROMPTS :: Your writing journey. Since I started high school I stopped writing, I got too busy preparing for the 6 rounds of exams I ended up taking. And when I started Uni, things just got busier. Such a big difference from my junior high days, I wrote 4-7 journal entries for English class, much like this one. And I found that I miss writing, though I couldn’t say that my pieces are anything life changing to the readers, but to me it means something. Because with writing I get to say things I don’t usually get to say out loud. Be it because I was too shy, I was insecure about my position, I might hurt the person I was speaking to, or I haven’t got the words at the time. Writing gave me so much freedom in terms of access to my own brain. Because when I write I’m usually not doing anything else, and I get to focus on my own thought. Like having a conversation with yourself. And this opens up so many sides of yourself you don’t normally get to know. It’s liberating in a w...

Indonesia Preparation to Host Asian Games 2018

Indonesia as the host of 2018 Asian Games see this opportunity as something prestigious and has done some preparation to welcome this event. Both Jakarta and Palembang, as the hosting cities, governor has plan several upgrades on facilities, and build infrastructure to make sure this             In Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, sport facilities also have been upgrading for example the training building, swimming stadium, hockey field, archery field, and soccer field. Velodrome as indoor cycling facility in Rawamangun also get government attention to be fix. Equestrian Center for horsing championship were built to even more support this game. Lots of test-event has been held to make sure that it is compatible for the championship.             Huge repairmen also be done in Jakabaring Sriwijaya Stadium, in which increasing their capacity from 23,419 up to 40.000. The governm...