Prompts: what you've been into lately
I've been obsessing over ice skating lately. I'm not sure if it's the fever from watching Evgenia Medvedeva and the Virtue-Moir pair during the recent Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, or that Paris Van Java FINALLY reopens their skating rink, or if I just haven't gone for a very long time and missed it.
It's a tradition for my family to visit ice rinks whenever we went for a holiday in Jakarta. It was especially a treat because Batam doesn't have them. We used to have a temporary rink set up in the middle of a mall, but that was gone in about 3 months because the upkeep was expensive and nobody cared enough to make it permanent, despite it being so popular. And then there's Avava's "skating rink" that's half the size of my high school's classroom and uses these "ice" that are really just slabs of solid plastic, put together much like the tiles in our beloved Sekre. That's why chances for actual skating there is near to nonexistent.
Nothing beats the feeling of stepping into an actual ice rink. The cold blasting in your face, turning your breath to mist, how the ice lets you glide from one end to the other. It's definitely worth the million falls you will experience learning to move about. My body is still bruised from three weeks ago when I tried to learn how to skate backwards and fell on my back.
Tuesday means student discount day, and I'm dying to go back in. You're welcome to join me.
WC: 255
I've been obsessing over ice skating lately. I'm not sure if it's the fever from watching Evgenia Medvedeva and the Virtue-Moir pair during the recent Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, or that Paris Van Java FINALLY reopens their skating rink, or if I just haven't gone for a very long time and missed it.
It's a tradition for my family to visit ice rinks whenever we went for a holiday in Jakarta. It was especially a treat because Batam doesn't have them. We used to have a temporary rink set up in the middle of a mall, but that was gone in about 3 months because the upkeep was expensive and nobody cared enough to make it permanent, despite it being so popular. And then there's Avava's "skating rink" that's half the size of my high school's classroom and uses these "ice" that are really just slabs of solid plastic, put together much like the tiles in our beloved Sekre. That's why chances for actual skating there is near to nonexistent.
Nothing beats the feeling of stepping into an actual ice rink. The cold blasting in your face, turning your breath to mist, how the ice lets you glide from one end to the other. It's definitely worth the million falls you will experience learning to move about. My body is still bruised from three weeks ago when I tried to learn how to skate backwards and fell on my back.
Tuesday means student discount day, and I'm dying to go back in. You're welcome to join me.
WC: 255
Comments
Post a Comment