It’s been three years since I
enter this new phase of life called college. This journey has been a roller
coaster for me, with its own ups and downs. Sometimes I feel ok, but most of
the times I feel I am never good enough for almost everything that I do.
I know how insecure it may sound,
but this thought has been lingering for two years now. Being in an environment
where I am surrounded with talented, smart, and even brilliant people, I always
feel like I am super small compare to them. In my college life, being a student
of International Relations major, I am surrounded by those who have super deep
and thorough knowledge, either about world history, war, economic policies,
foreign policy, law, or current politics. Or, those who have a very awesome
negotiation skill, where they can be super persuasive and charming, picking
subtle words where it will not hurt people. Or, those who have amazing
capabilities in writing very good papers, that those papers can inspire and
give you something to think about for the next few weeks.
Being trapped in the middle of
those super individuals, I find myself questioning about my ability for a lot
of times. My knowledge is limited, not that deep. My negotiation skill is poor
and inadequate, those who know me must have known I hate sugarcoating.
I know it’s no use to just rant
here, so instead of self-loathing, I will continue my assignment then, to make
me feel less useless than I already am.
Wc: 260
Comments
Post a Comment