I hope this letter finds you well....is what I would say if I didn't know any better. But I do know that you are devastated. My eyes saw the turmoil in your psyche and my ears heard your voice joined the distant stories in a chorus of lamentation.
For long you thought that you can and should be in control of the circumstances around you. But now you experience waves of failure disappointment, and rejection. You tried to brace yourself and figure out how you can better fight the tides. In return, you only find yourself drowning, flailing for a grip as the last sliver of control slip away from your fingers.
I can now share you this wisdom; that you don't have to be in control. You may fall short (or far) in meeting your expectation or responsibility and that is fine. In contrast, believing that you are responsible of making everything better is exhausting, tiring, and painful, if not impossible.
Let the chips fall where they may. Close your eyes, let everything happen, and let them wash away. You are not less of a person even if you never get to outcome your shortcomings.
Please try, because the hardest part of removing pain is letting it go.
This letter is addressed to you.
You know who you are.
WC: 219
Comments
Post a Comment