Childhood me spent days playing with antiques, from aforementioned weapons to my mum's old toys. My grandfather's often annoyed because I kept messing up. His coins collection would get all over his bed, not to mention the shurikens and binoculars used for spy games. So he made me less messy toys, like an indoor swing, in his workshop, just across his room. One of the other perks is that I would sit still to watch him work, so I wouldn't mess stuff up.
The place has two levels. The first was for the heavy machineries. The projects here were work related, like maquettes. I remember being so fascinated I asked him to keep one so that I can play with it (he said no). Instead he told me about this machine he bought from another country that helped him make them. When he knew I got interested in architecture, he told me he'd pass it to me. He didn't get to though, and until today we're still unsure where it is.
The second level was for his more personal projects, like the swing he made me, a prayer stand, a drawing table, and the likes. It's small, but quite high (the first level was on the second floor), so we got access to the neighborhood's rooftops. Not that I ever tried ninja-jumping on them (childhood height phobia), but it's a nice view.
It was hard, though, for my grandmother to take care of the house since he's gone, so we sold it. Now I couldn't go back.
I miss it.
WC: 260
The place has two levels. The first was for the heavy machineries. The projects here were work related, like maquettes. I remember being so fascinated I asked him to keep one so that I can play with it (he said no). Instead he told me about this machine he bought from another country that helped him make them. When he knew I got interested in architecture, he told me he'd pass it to me. He didn't get to though, and until today we're still unsure where it is.
The second level was for his more personal projects, like the swing he made me, a prayer stand, a drawing table, and the likes. It's small, but quite high (the first level was on the second floor), so we got access to the neighborhood's rooftops. Not that I ever tried ninja-jumping on them (childhood height phobia), but it's a nice view.
It was hard, though, for my grandmother to take care of the house since he's gone, so we sold it. Now I couldn't go back.
I miss it.
WC: 260
Comments
Post a Comment