Prompt: My favorite place in the world
I used to live in my maternal grandparent's house. It housed my grandmother's family before, but since they went and got their own houses, my grandparents were left. My grandfather, who works in construction, modified it to accommodate my grandmother's traditional cakes business and his workshop.
I should mention that my grandfather was an eccentric collector who loved woodwork. He used to study medicine, but didn't like it and dropped off to try other stuff before settling down in construction. It's unclear what this other stuff was. He always avoided the question. His things included old-fashioned scales, an accordion, a stethoscope, an air rifle, a crossbow, a katana (for self defense, he said), lots of cameras, two shelves full of the Encyclopedia Britannica, and one for law books. His acquaintances included a European countess. Make of that what you will.
I should mention that my grandfather was an eccentric collector who loved woodwork. He used to study medicine, but didn't like it and dropped off to try other stuff before settling down in construction. It's unclear what this other stuff was. He always avoided the question. His things included old-fashioned scales, an accordion, a stethoscope, an air rifle, a crossbow, a katana (for self defense, he said), lots of cameras, two shelves full of the Encyclopedia Britannica, and one for law books. His acquaintances included a European countess. Make of that what you will.
The best part of the house is his room and workshop. Open the door to his room and step in his workspace consisting of his desk, a couple of shelves and another door which leads to the storage rooms corridor and ends in the rooftop garden. Push the shelf made of wood and you'll find his actual bedroom. This is where I usually am. It has tons of old movie tapes and CDs, vinyl records and gramophone, heaps of books, and his "self defense". Behind the TV set is stairs that lead to a platform with a bunch of telescopes and a skylight for stargazing. I could spend forever there if it wasn't for food, school and piano practice.
I still would, though.
WC: 260
I still would, though.
WC: 260
Comments
Post a Comment