Topic :: Nice things You have recieved
It’s a tradition in this materialistic world of ours to give gift
to people. But this pessimistic head of mine, find it hard to accept gift
from people. Because the word had taught me that people do not give things just
for the sake of it, they must want something back.
One cannot deny, though, the pleasure of receiving gifts. Because
a gift represent that someone cared and someone knows what you want, to be able
to pick the gift for you. The little time spared to pick it out somewhat
matters.
So what do I do in this dilemma my stupid head is face? A
GIFT FOR MYSELF.
Maybe it sounds pathetic, that I do not have people to get
gifts for me. But the alternative is that I do not feel indebted to others, and
it’s exactly what I want. Moreover I do not have to wait for others to decide
whether I was worth the time of day and material expense to feel that joy. A move
to take control of my own happiness.
This is an attempt to see myself in a better light,
appreciating the things I have done so far. A job well done. A life well lived,
or at the very least, as best as I could give the circumstances. It’s different
from just buying things with your own money. Giving it a title of a gift for
myself and declaring it is what makes it special. The ceremonial aspect of it.
So for this year, I am giving myself a Ukulele.
WC:: 259
Comments
Post a Comment